- Egg custard vanilla (flan) : whole eggs + milk + sugar (baking and tasting in the cooking vessel)
This is the basic recipe creams made. They are prepared by pouring boiling milk and sweet vanilla on beaten eggs. The whole is poured into a dish or ramekins and baked in a bain-marie.watch full film Hunt for the Wilderpeople 2016
125 g of caster sugar
1 vanilla pod
1 l of whole milk
25 g butter
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise . Scrape and collect the seeds contained inside using the tip of a knife.
- In a saucepan , pour the milk, add the seeds and vanilla pod. Bring to a boil , remove from heat and let steep 30 minutes. At the last moment , reuse milk on the edge of boiling. Remove the pod.
- Preheat oven to 302 ° F (150 ° C) .
- Break the eggs into a bowl , add sugar . Mix well . Pour gradually while mixing vanilla and warm milk.
- Butter the inside of 6 ramekins , including distribute the contents of the bowl .
- Bake in a water bath for about 35 minutes . To check it , plant the blade of a knife, if it comes out clean , the blanks are cooked.
- Remove from oven , let cool and film . Refrigerate and serve cold
- If the dessert is for adults , it is possible to add 2-3 tablespoons of rum.
- Vanilla can be replaced with vanilla sugar or vanilla extract.
- Custard (flan caramel): caramel egg + milk (baking and tasting after unmolding)
When the caramel is poured into the mold before the cream and milk eggs are stripped, it is called caramel custard. We also call this dessert “egg custard”, not to be confused with flan pastry that bakes a pie shell and includes starch
25 pieces of sugar (or 125 to 130 g)
2 tsp. in water soup
In a saucepan, combine the sugar cubes, water and cook until the appearance of a caramel color. Deglaze immediately with cold running water.
Line the ramekins with caramel and let it harden.
- The crème brûlée or caramelized: cream + egg yolks + sugar (baking and tasting in the cooking vessel)
It consists of a mixture of egg yolks, sugar and cream, scented with an aroma choice. After baking, the crème brûlée is served very cold and covered with caramelized brown sugar that is at the last moment, just before serving.
Preheat oven to 100 ° C.
Gently heat 1 liter of liquid whipping cream with the seeds of 1 vanilla bean. When boiling, remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
Beat 10 egg yolks and 150g caster sugar until the mixture whitens. Add the cream by mixing with a spatula. Filter through a fine sieve or let it sit until the cream is smooth.
Pour this mixture into 6 ramekins dishes and bake them in a water bath for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
Leave to cool and keep in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
When ready to serve, sprinkle brown sugar and caramelize cream top with a kitchen blowtorch or a white-hot iron.
- flan pastry
1 roll of puff pastry or shortcrust pastry
1 vanilla bean
25 cl of milk
25 cl of liquid cream
Sugar 150 g
80 g flour
15 g of butter
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C
- Butter and flour the inside of a pie pan, spread the pastry. Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Remove it from the refrigerator, place on the bottom sheet of parchment paper sprinkled with grains of rice or pulses, to prevent the dough swells pre cooking. Bake and pre-cook 10 minutes. Remove the parchment paper and what it contains, and continue cooking 10 minutes pre. Remove from oven.
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise, collect seeds contained inside using the tip of a knife.
- In a saucepan, pour the milk and cream, add the clove and vanilla seeds . Heat .
- Break the eggs , place them in a bowl, add sugar. Mix with a whisk. Add flour , stir and gradually add the contents of the pan ( taking care to remove the pod) . Pour over bottom of pie reserved . Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and turn gently.
- Catalan cream : cream + egg yolks + sugar + starch (stewing and tasting in the cooking vessel)
Like its cousin the crème brûlée, it is prepared with cream, egg yolks and sugar, caramel and sometimes at the last moment. But it also includes starch, which makes it a velvety cream outlet. In addition, it is cooked in the pan and not in the oven, then poured into ramekins service. Most often, it is flavored with cinnamon and lemon.