Makes 1 1/2 quartsWatch Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download
12 egg yolks
1 cup superfine sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 vanilla bean cut in half and divided
2 cups cold heavy cream
1 cup cold half & half (can use whole milk)
1/2-3/4 cup raw sugar
1. In a saucepan combine, cream, half & half, half of sugar and half of vanilla bean (caviar scraped out and added to mixture with pod). Place oven medium-low heat and simmer until sugar dissolves.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk together egg yolks, half of sugar and salt. Whisk until light and fluffy.
3. Once cream mixture is scalding, add 1 cup to yolk mixture, whisking to prevent the mixture from scrambling.
4. Add tempered yolk mixture to saucepan and whisk together. Allow mixture to scald until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Strain custard through a cheesecloth lined sieve, into a mixing bowl. Place bowl into an ice bath and stir in remaining vanilla bean half. (caviar scraped out and added to mixture with pod)
6. Allow mixture to sit until room temperature. Cover custard and chill in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours (overnight).
7. Freeze custard according to your machine’s manufacturer’s instructions.
8. Scoop custard into small jars and place in freezer until fully frozen, 3 to 5 hours.
9. Top frozen custards with a full layer of raw sugar (about 1 to 2 tablespoons). Carefully brûlée the tops of each custard and serve immediately.