Before you put on makeup, make sure your skin is healthy. It start by knowing your skin and developing a routine. It might take some time to find products that work together and work with your skin.
Step 1 : Identify your skin
- Dry skin is flaky, scaly, or rough – use a gentle product that doesn’t have alcohol or fragrance.
- Oily skin is shiny, greasy, and may have big pores – use an oil-free foaming cleanser to wash your face
- Combination skin is dry in some spots (cheeks) and oily in others (forehead, nose, and chin).
- Sensitive skin may sting, burn, or itch after you use some makeup or other products – wash it with a very gentle cleanser.
- Normal skin is balanced, clear, and not sensitive
Step 2: Cleanser (AM & PM)
This is kind of the foundation to a healthy skin, It cleans and prepares your skin to receive maximum benefits from your other products. the cleanser removes debris, oil, and makeup because rinsing your face with water is not enough to clean it.
I use Cerave, Foaming Facial Cleanser (for normal to oily skin)
Step 3: Toner (AM & PM)
Daily use will give your skin what it needs to function in a healthier way. A toners will smooth, soften, and calm skin, while removing the last traces of makeup. They also add vital skin-repairing ingredients after cleansing. Toners hydrate and replenish the skin’s surface immediately after cleansing. They also help reduce redness and dry patches.
I use L’Oreal Hydrafresh Toner (alcohol free)
Step 3: Exfoliant (Once a week)
An exfoliant helps unclog pores, reduce redness, blackheads,breakouts; diminish wrinkles, build collagen, and improve uneven skin tone. Exfoliants remove built-up dead skin cells, revealing new skin. Even though you don’t it the exposure to the Sun damages the surface of the skin which becomes abnormally thick. Acne and oily skin complicate this further. Exfoliating eliminates this build up.
I use Yves Rocher Gommage scrub
Step 4: Moisturizer (As Much As Possible)
All skin needs to be moisture: you’re never too young. Moisturizers help keep your skin from drying out. Use it every day, no matter what skin type you have. Apply it while your skin is still damp from washing or rinsing to help seal in moisture. If you have acne or your skin is oily, find a moisturizer that is lightweight and oil-free, so it doesn’t block your pores.
I use CeraVe Moisturizers, Moisturizing Cream
With time you can customize your routine, Add some stuff…
For example, Once a week:
- I fell in love with Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser, so I added it to my routine.It’s an anti-blackhead cleanser. It opens pores & targets blackheads.It warms up when you put it on my face, I guess that’s when the magic happens.
- I love the Olay Prox Advanced Cleansing System too. I not too expensive and It gets the job done.
- I also use a clay mask (Avocadot & oatmeal) and a facial peel-off mask (cucumber)
- Vitamin Hydrating Mist (First aid beauty), I bought it at Saphora. I spray that thing on my face a million times a day!
If you wear makeup on a daily, your routine should include a makeup remover.