- 1 bunch Ewedu leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. potash
- 1 tsp. locust beans
- 1 tsp crayfish
- 1 tsp cube
- Salt to taste
*In place of bunch Ewedu leaves you could opt for the Frozen Jute leaves found in most African Stores
*In place of potash you could opt for the baking soda
- Pluck the ewedu leaves from the stem. Rinse the plucked leaves in clean water
- In a pot, add the water and potash and leave to heat up om a medium heat.
- Once the water starts to boil, add the ewedu leaves and leave to cook for about 7 minutes – until the whole soup boil
- Turn down the heat and mash with the broom – the motion is kinder similar to you stabbing yourself in the stomach repeatedly
- Alternatively if you don’t have the broom, leave the boiled ewedu to cool a little then pour it into a blender and blend.
- turn the heat back medium heat.Add the salt, crayfish and locust beans. leave it to simmer for 3-5 minutes.serve alongside stew or gbegiri and amala
Alternative methoddownload movie Alien: Covenant 2017 now
I personally prefer the alternative method, because it’s easier and cleaner. If you don’t have a broom like myself, poor the stew in the blender and press pulse 2 – 3 time check the size of the leave and blend some more if necessary. When you get the right consistency return to the pot and add the remaining ingredients.